AMA P-30 MODEL RULES
For event 124.
1. Models shall conform to the following
1.1. No part of the model shall exceed 30
inches when it is in assembled condition.
1.2. The minimum weight of the model
without rubber motor shall be 40 grams.
1.3. The lubricated rubber motor shall not
exceed 10 grams.
1.4. The propeller shall be a commercially
available plastic freewheeling propeller between 23
and 25 centimeters (9.05 and 9.84 inches) in
diameter. Only the following changes will be
1.4.1. Flashing may be removed.
1.4.2. Balancing by the addition of weight
to one blade will be allowed.
1.4.3. Enlarging the hole of the propeller
hub will be allowed in order to accept a larger
diameter shaft and/or a bushing cut from metal
2. Launching shall be as specified for land plane
models, Free Flight General.
3. A flight of more than 20 seconds shall be
considered an official flight.
4. There shall be no limit to the number of attempts
allowed in order to record three (3) official flights.
5. The maximum recorded duration for each flight
shall be 120 seconds.
6. If a tie exists after three (3) flights have been
recorded then each successive flight shall have a
maximum duration of 30 seconds more than the
Rule Variations from Around the World
Finland: 50 gram minimum weight
Sweden: No auto surfaces allowed